Zliz's EverQuest Compendium is a complete resource for information about EverQuest 1.
On the site you will find information about getting started with EverQuest, the mechanics of the game, technical reference, and much more.
The site is a work in progress, and will be updated with new content as time goes by.
Welcome, or welcome back! :) EverQuest is alive and well, and being actively developed. Join or re-join the world of Norrath and experience a vast amount of content in a solo- and casual-friendly setting, yet with many brutal aspects of the ancient EverQuest retained.
Take a look at the following articles to help get you up to speed:Download and Install EverQuest
Read about EverQuest's subscription and Free to Play model
Choose a server and read about different ways of playing EverQuest
If you're already schooled in the basics of the game, take a look at any of the articles in the menu on the left.
It's no secret that I'm a big fan of The Plane of Sky. Over the years I have gathered all the keys, slain all the bosses, completed every Monk quest up there, not to mention visited it countless times for epic quests. When a lonely player in general chat asks for help in Sky, I'm always there to help.
A while ago, the best guide for the complex zone, Drexxell's EQ Plane of Sky Guide, went down and was no longer accessible online. I had made a mirror (backup) before that, and was able to re-host the guide on this side. You can find it here:
On the, Drexxel himself noticed this, and replied to me that he too had re-hosted his own site, which can be found here:
The more mirrors the better, so this treasure of a guide can be preserved.
If you haven't visited in a while, here are a few things that have changed in Sky over the past few years:
- The keys now go on your keyring the first time you use them.
- You now retain your buffs upon teleporting into Sky, making it more tolerable to do a casual visit.
Two new pages have been added that showcase some of my two other related EQ projects:
ZlizEQMap is a map tool mainly designed for servers that emulate old versions of EverQuest. It features a local database of maps from the old EQAtlas website, along with player positioning (x plotted on map), transparent overlay, waypoints, zone connections, and more. It has been made for Project1999 and The Al'Kabor Project.
ZlizUI is my EverQuest (Live) UI project; a minimalist and sleek UI.
An in-depth article about Keys & Lockpicking has been added. View a full list of all keys in the game, how Pick Lock works, and how to circumvent locked doors as a crafty Gnome. :)
Furthermore, the Zone Level Chart has been updated with a list of zones no longer in the game, at the bottom of the page. Remember Oasis of Marr?
Many articles have been updated. Here are some articles you might enjoy reading:
- Teleports & Travel - Major update with a myriad of methods of travel within the game world, including guild hall teleport, clickies, potions, AAs, boats, wayfarer camps, anchors, teleport spells, translocators, and more.
- Epic 1.0 - Now has a full overview of all the epic 1.0 quests.
- Tips & Tricks - Updated with some more tips, such as how to multibind and toggle the old character models.
- Music & Graphics - Updated with full instructions on how to play the old MIDI (actually XMI) music on your modern computer, sounding as they did back in the day.
- Buffs & Debuffs - Updated with information about how to block beneficial spells (buffs) from landing on you.
- Potions - Updated with some useful Alchemy-crafted potions.
- Spell Casting - Now has more details about spells, for example skills and specialization.
In addition, a search box (Google Custom Search) has been added in the top left. Try searching for something, for example 'teleports' or 'macros'. I'm still working on customizing the results page, as its color theme doesn't really fit the rest of the page, but its core functionality should help you find stuff you're looking for.
Zliz's EverQuest Compendium has launched! :)
This site has been a project of mine for a while, and is now online. I have a ton of articles in the pipeline, which will appear in the menu on the left as they get finished over time.